Sunday, May 15, 2011

Growth Update

So far, all of my little plants seem to be doing well! My first baby tomato was spotted yesterday -  I tried to get a picture, but my camera would not focus on it. For some reason, my cilantro is flowering... I am wondering if I didnt water my herbs enough initially, they are not doing nearly as well as my mother's. Strawberry plant is growing by leaps and bounds, as are the asparagus and sweet potatoes.
I think my biggest failure as a gardener is watering. For some reason I simply cannot get it into my head that plants need water on a regular basis. I have gotten a little better over the past few weeks. My body clock seems to have adjusted to waking up earlier lately. So, instead of rolling over and trying to fall back to sleep, I have been getting up and spending some time in my yard with the Garden Pest before work. It is so peaceful to take my coffee and sit on the swing in the back. I think my original goal from working so hard in my yard was to find and create a sanctuary for peace and fellowship. I believe I am well on my way to achieveing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment