Monday, May 16, 2011

More plants! (and a rotten bench)

Another journey to the Grower's Outlet has lead to some fabulous new color in my yard. I planted impatiens along my wooden fence, foxglove behind my day lilies near the rotten stump, a butterfly bush near my bird bath (where a little bird was recently spotted bathing!) and some more blue star and hostas. I also went to Garden Ridge with a friend and picked up some super cute solar powered hanging lanterns. Everything seems to be doing really well -  it has all been in the ground for a little more than a week.

In the bottom picture you can see my rotten bench and my flying pig. I bought the pig at a local art festival, and the bench actually came with the house. It has been leaning against a fence in my yard collecting moss for some time now, so I am glad I finally found a home for it. In front of the pig is a "Cape Cod honeysuckle". I have read many posts online where people talk about how it isn't really a honeysuckle, and how the plant itself is not even hardy enough to survive in Cape Cod. The irony is, I planted it about 5 years ago and after it "died" I have been treating it as if it were a weed. I finally realized it was my honeysuckle after a trip to Disney World, where they have it growing in front of the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Here is my little bird that I caught playing in my bird bath. Behind it you can see a hydrangea (that was here when I moved in) about to bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment