Saturday, July 28, 2012

Almighty Alfredo

I haven't really been doing much gardening lately. My summer class was pretty intense, and it has been so hot and humid outside. Most of my efforts have been focused on weed control and general upkeep.

Last night I decided to break out the pots and pans, and remind my husband (and myself) that I am a fantastic cook:) I made chicken Alfredo over tofu noodles and broccoli. Tofu noodles- I can hear you gagging already- but these things are awesome! They are also so much healthier than regular pasta. The only place I have been able to find them is at Whole Foods. They are in the refrigerated section with the yogurt, and come in a bag that has brine ( I think) in it. You have to rinse them a few times and then cook them for a short time at a high heat to get rid of the flavor, but after that they are just like pasta.

So the sauce: Take 1/4 cup of butter and 1 cup of heavy cream. Put that in a sauce pan and let it simmer for 5 mins ( I whisked it while it simmered). Then add in a clove of crushed garlic and 1 and 1/2 cups of grated Parmesan cheese ( I suggest the farmers market for this ingredient). Whisk that together and wha-lah! Homemade Alfredo sauce. I threw bacon in it for good measure. It was delicious, and soooo very rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment