Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Gardening Pest's Lump

I have been under a lot of stress over the past week, and was in the yard with the GP and noticed a mole he has had for almost a year has recently doubled in size. Needless to say I freaked out and immediately began searching on google to figure out what the lump could be.

The lump originally looked like a swollen tick on GP's chest. It was grayish-black, and was hard to the touch and harder at the base where it met his skin. Now that it has doubled in size, the middle is squishy and the color has changed to more black and less gray. Everything I read on message boards and websites had me convinced that this lump was cancerous. I freaked out, called the vet and begged them to work us in.

The next day we went to the vet. After a short wait he was ready for us. I think GP knew I was on edge, because he was on his best behavior. When the vet walked in, he looked at the lump and told me it was just a cyst caused by a clogged pore. Totally harmless, but that it needed to be removed so it wouldn't rupture or cause other pores to clog.

The best part is that they will not even have to use general anesthesia for the procedure. They will give him a tranquilizer, and numb him locally. AND the whole thing is affordable. He is scheduled to have the lump removed next week... Maybe we will have some cone of shame pictures to post afterwards:)

No comments:

Post a Comment