Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Countdown

We are hosting Thanksgiving again this year. My husband's family rarely gets together for holidays, so when we got married somehow I was sweet talked into how great it would be to host thanksgiving at our house. And so the tradition began. How hard could cooking for 15 be anyway?

This year I decided to forgo the usual "sign up to bring a dish"that we have always done. This may sound snobby, but when it comes to food, I like to know what to expect, and I have really high standards. Our menu this year is:
Turkey
Honey Baked Ham
Dressing
Giblet gravy
Rice
Croissants
Asparagus casserole
Corn pudding
Macaroni and Cheese
Strawberry Congealed Salad
Pecan pie
Spice cake

The ham has been ordered, and the shopping list for everything else is being crafted tonight. I know it is more work to make everything from scratch, but honestly it just tastes so much better that way!

So pour some wine, sit back, and prepare yourself for the 2 weeks of work it takes to pull off thanksgiving dinner (while working a full time job and going back to school). Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment