Friday, November 9, 2012

Thanksgiving Prep: Fall Cleaning

I am a bit embarrassed to post the pictures that follow. Last night I was in a mood, so I decided to clean. I needed to get a good idea of what spices I had- and what I needed to replenish for thanksgiving.... So I decided to clean out my kitchen cabinets. Cue the creepy horror movie music.

By the end of the evening I had four trash bags full of old spices, flour, expired canned goods and Tupperware. I also cleaned off my counter tops that were filled with various oils (olive, canola, sesame, peanut) and vinegars (apple, wine, balsamic and regular). It was gross to realize how old some of the things were, but feels so good to have everything cleaned. Plus, a great excuse to go to the Dekalb Farmer's Market and get some new spices!

No comments:

Post a Comment