Saturday, April 2, 2011

Garden Pest

My #$%* dog now has a new nickname, the Garden Pest. Today I was trying to get my plants in the ground, get the other bed frame together, and take some pictures at the same time. I got everything I needed together and in a chair in the backyard. I had forgotten my screws, so I ran back inside for no more than 5 minutes, and came back to find a guilty looking dog... and a camera with teeth marks all over it! After I threw a fit, I realized my camera still worked... and it was my fault for leaving such a tempting treat within his reach.

So I got over it and started mixing up my dirt. All 6 bags went into my bed,with room to spare. I again had to run grab something from another location, and came back in the back to find the GP elbow deep in my bed! He was covered in black, stinky dirt. Since I had caught him in the act, I scolded him. He quickly darted to another side of the yard.

Here he is sulking:
Needless to say, in his mind it is his backyard... so anything I bring back there must be for him, right? I have a feeling my raised bed is going to have to fight to survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment