Saturday, April 2, 2011

So I Decided to Build a Garden

I decided last fall that this season I was going to create two raised beds in my yard. I have a mischevious dog who loves to get into anything I am planting, so hopefully this will be a good way for me to keep him out and the plants in! I bought two 2"x12"x12' foot boards from my local Lowes, and had them cut the boards into 4 pieces each. I then took 2" screws and fastened one bed together.

You can see the frame has been nicely weathered since last October when I put it outside. the other boards have not been put together yet, I figured I should start with one, and see how it goes. I used untreated wood because there seemed to be some debate online about if the chemicals in the treated wood would seep into your garden or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment