Saturday, April 2, 2011

Selecting the Plants, and the Dirt!

Today my mother and I took a trip out to the Growers Outlet in Snellville. The GO is one of my favorite places to buy plants. They are always healthy, priced very low, and seem to be very well aclimated to GA's soil and weather conditions. I ended up getting some herbs (cilantro, basil, oregano, rosemary, lavender), two tomato plants (roma and beefsteak) and two bell peper plants. Everything cost about $15.


The soil is a little different story! I have been searching the internet for months trying to find the "perfect" soil mix for a raised bed. I haven't found anything! (and of course I bought the plants before I bothered getting dirt!) After speeking with a very helpful gentleman at Home Depot, I ended up buying a bag of Nature's Helper, a bag of Mushroom Compost, 3 bags of topsoil and a bag of Miracle Grow Moisture Control Garden Soil (what can I say- I am a sucker for advertising and they have had some good ads!).
I got everything home and was ready to plant until I realized we were under a tornado watch. So my husband, mother and I quickly unloaded the car, and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment